Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Stuffed butternut squash recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed butternut squash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed butternut squash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt can be a snack many people ignore. Eating natural yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch is not a good idea. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. It contains a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed butternut squash recipe. To make stuffed butternut squash you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed butternut squash:
- Get of Roasted Squash.
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Rice filling.
- Provide 1 sachet of pre cooked brown rice.
- Use Handful of dried porcini mushrooms soaked (reserve some of the cooking liquid).
- Use 1 of red onion finely chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Get Handful of basil leaves finely chopped.
- Get 1 of spring onion finely chopped.
- Use 2 handfuls of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Zest Of half a lemon (optional).
- Use of Seasoning.
Instructions to make Stuffed butternut squash:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees c. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Score with a knife and brush both sides with olive oil and season. Roast in the oven, scored side facing up for 40 minutes until soft and starting to crisp around the edges..
- While the squash cooks, prepare the rice filling. Soak the mushrooms for 15 minutes by covering them in boiling water. Enough so that they are submerged but not so much that you dilute the mushroom flavour..
- Then fry the onion and garlic in a little oil over a medium to low heat until soft (approx 10 mins and be careful not to let it burn.) Add the cooked rice and fry for another couple of minutes..
- Remove the mushrooms from their stock and finely chop. Then add to the pan with the spring onion and basil. Give it all a mix and gradually add about 50 ml of the mushroom soaking water / stock, a little at a time until it absorbs..
- Taste your mixture at this point. You should taste the lovely porcini flavour. If not, add a little more stock. Finally, stir in 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese, season to taste and set aside until the squash is cooked..
- Remove the squash from the over and pack it full of the rice mixture. Then top with the remaining Parmesan and return to the oven for 7-10 minutes until the cheese has melted..
- Serve with salad.
If you find this Stuffed butternut squash recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.