Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers recipe. To make raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers you only need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers:
- Get 1 of onion chopped into chunks.
- Use 2 of carrots, peeled and cut into bite size.
- You need 2-3 leaves of Chinese cabbage, cut into bite size.
- Prepare 1 of couple of handful of sweepeas.
- Get 1/2 of red and 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into bite size.
- Use 1 of cub broccoli, cut up into bite size.
- Provide 1 tin of pineapple with juice.
- Get 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- You need of Sweet and sour sauce.
- Use 1 tin of pineapple its own juice.
- Get 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar (or any vinegar you have indoor).
- Use 1 tbsp of soysauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil (optional).
- You need of Store bought fish finger (you can use store bought chicken bite or make your own one too), this is optional as you can leave this out and use tofu or mushrooms for vegetarian options.
Instructions to make Raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers:
- Making sweet and sour sauce: add all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. In the mean time put your fish fingers or chicken bit in the oven to cook (follow the instructions).
- On a pan or wok, Fry garlic in medium heat vegetable oil for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and carrots in and quick stir..
- Add the rest of the vegetable in, stir well. Add pineapple in then add sweet and sour sauce in. Stir quickly..
- Cut up your fish fingers into bite size and add in the stir fry. Quick stir and serve it with rice..
If you find this Raid the fridge – sweet and sour vegetable fish fingers recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.