Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mushroom and lentil pâté recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mushroom and lentil pâté recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mushroom and lentil pâté recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mushroom and lentil pâté recipe. To cook mushroom and lentil pâté you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mushroom and lentil pâté:
- Get 250 g of mushrooms (i used chestnut) chopped.
- You need 8-10 of dried mushrooms soaked in warm water.
- Take 150 g of red lentils.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of celery stick.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme leaves.
- Get Half of a packet of cooked chestnuts.
- Use 1/2 of lemon zested and juiced.
- Use of Seasoning.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil (plus extra for frying).
Steps to make Mushroom and lentil pâté:
- Soak the dried mushrooms for at least 20 mins in warm water. Then drain the liquid into a jug (this is the start of your stock) squeezing the moisture out of the mushrooms. Finely chop the mushrooms set aside..
- Top the jug of mushroom liquid up to 375ml and add to a saucepan with the bay leaves and lentils. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, garlic and celery And gently fry off in a pan with the soaked mushrooms and thyme leaves. Then add the fresh mushrooms and fry until soft..
- Once cooked, set aside to cool, before putting in a blender with the chestnuts. Blitz until finely chopped..
- Then stir into the cooked lentils with the lemon zest, Lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Once mixed, put in the fridge to solidify slightly. Serve with whatever you fancy..
If you find this Mushroom and lentil pâté recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.