Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Feast of Seven Fishes II – Ghalieh Mahi | Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Feast of Seven Fishes II – Ghalieh Mahi | Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient healthy snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Occasionally people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to feast of seven fishes ii – ghalieh mahi | persian cod with herbs and tamarind recipe. persian cod with herbs and tamarind you only need 32 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Feast of Seven Fishes II – Ghalieh Mahi | Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind:
- You need of Fish:.
- You need 6 of Cod / Halibut Fillets,.
- You need of Granulated Sugar, 300g or More.
- Take of Sea Salt, 300g or More.
- Provide of Canola / Peanut / Grapeseed / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- You need of Ghee, 6 Heaped TBSP.
- Take Pinch of Parsley Coarsely Chopped,.
- Take Pinch of Coriander Coarsely Chopped,.
- Use Pinch of Scallions White Parts Coarsely Chopped,.
- Take Pinch of Mint Coarsely Chopped,.
- Use of Herbs:.
- You need 3 TBSP of Olive Oil,.
- Prepare 3 Bunches of Parsley Coarsely Chopped,.
- You need 3 Bunches of Coriander Coarsely Chopped,.
- Take of Scallions White & Green Parts Coarsely Chopped, 2 Bunches + More For Garnishing.
- Use 3 Bunches of Mint Coarsely Chopped,.
- Take 1/3 Cup of Dried Fenugreek,.
- Use of White Pepper, 1 TSP Adjust To Preference.
- Get of Stew:.
- You need of Olive Oil, 2 TBSP + More.
- Prepare 2 of Yellow Onion Finely Sliced,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide Pinch of Demerara Sugar,.
- Take Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic Crushed,.
- Get 2 TBSP of Turmeric Powder,.
- Prepare of Red Chili Flakes, 2 TSP Adjust To Preference.
- Prepare 2.5 Cups of Vegetable Stock,.
- Take of Tamarind Paste, 1/4 Cup Adjust To Preference.
- Take of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Provide of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Use Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
Steps to make Feast of Seven Fishes II – Ghalieh Mahi | Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind:
- Prepare the fish. Check for any bones on the fish fillets. Wash and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Mix sugar and salt in a container with a lid. Place the fish on the sugar-salt mixture. Sprinkle some more sugar-salt mixture over the fish. It is best to cover the fish fillets fully. You may need more sugar and salt. Cover and chill in the fridge for 24 hrs..
- Prepare the herbs. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is heated up, add parsley, coriander, scallions and mint. Saute until they start to stick to the bottom of the skillet. It should take about 15 mins. Add in fenugreek and pepper. Saute to combine well. Remove from heat and cover. Set aside for 5 mins..
- Prepare the stew. In another skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is heated up, add the onion. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Saute until the onion is lightly caramelized. It should take about 10 to 15 mins. Add in garlic..
- Saute until aromatic. Add in turmeric and 1 TBSP of olive oil Saute until well combined and aromatic. Add in chili flakes and saute to combine well. Deglaze the skillet with vegetable stock. Bring it up to simmer..
- Allow it to simmer for 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat and transfer this stew into the herbs mixture. Return the skillet back over medium heat. Add in tamarind. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper and sugar. Stir to combine well..
- Add 6 more TBSP of olive oil. Bring it up to a slow simmer. Turn the heat down to low and cover. Continue to simmer for about 15 to 20 mins or until the oil separates and floats to the top. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.*.
- Lastly, add in lemon juice and zest. Carefully, transfer into a blender. Add mushroom powder. Blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings again with salt, pepper, sugar and tamarind. Transfer back into the skillet..
- Add about 1/4 cup of water into the blender. Blitz to clean up all the leftover nooks and crannies. Pour this water mixture into the sauce to loosen up. Stir to combine well. Bring up to a simmer. Remove from heat and transfer into a large bowl and set aside. *The sauce should not be as thick as a paste or too loose like a stew; somewhere in the middle.*.
- Cooking the fish. After curing for 24 hrs, the sugar-salt mixture should have melted partially. Wash the fish fillets thoroughly under running water to wash off excess sugar and salt. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel. In a skillet over medium heat, add 3 TBSP of oil..
- Heat the oil up to almost smoking point. *No need to season the fish as they already been cured.* Place the fish, skin side down, away from you, onto the skillet. Using a slotted spatula, gently press the fish down. *This will prevent the skin from shrinking.*.
- Tilt and baste the fish with all the liquid. Once the bottom starts to crisp up, add in ghee, coriander, parsley, scallions and mint. Tilt and continue basting the fish all the liquid for about 1-2 mins. Remove from skillet and set aside to rest. *Do this in batches. Do not crowd the skillet.*.
- Repeat the process for the remaining fish. Transfer the sauce onto the serving plate. Place the fish onto the sauce. Garnish with some finely chopped green parts of scallions. Serve immediately..
- You can view the recipe video: www.instagram.com/tv/CH20LPdFsgM/.
If you find this Feast of Seven Fishes II – Ghalieh Mahi | Persian Cod With Herbs and Tamarind recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.