Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mushroom and celeriac burgers recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mushroom and celeriac burgers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mushroom and celeriac burgers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mushroom and celeriac burgers recipe. To make mushroom and celeriac burgers you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mushroom and celeriac burgers:
- Use 1 of celeriac.
- Prepare 200 g of mixed mushrooms.
- Prepare 15 g of dried mushrooms.
- Use 1 of red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Take of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Use 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs.
- Provide 1 handful of Parmesan.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Steps to make Mushroom and celeriac burgers:
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Peel and chop the celeriac into large cubes. Coat with olive oil, season and roast for 30 mins until soft..
- Meanwhile soak the dried mushrooms in hot water.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in olive oil over a medium to low heat until soft – don’t burn. Stir through the thyme and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, seasoning to the same bowl..
- Drain the dried mushrooms. Return the pan to the heat and fry the mushrooms over a medium / high heat until cooked. Note- they should start to release liquid..
- Once cooked, transfer the mushrooms to a board and chop roughly. Then add them to the mixing bowl with the nutmeg..
- Remove the celeriac from the oven and mash roughly with a potato masher. Then transfer to the mixing bowl. Leave the oven on..
- Finally, add a handful of Parmesan cheese and one egg. Mix everything together and form into 4 patties. Then heat a tbsp olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the patties for two minutes on the each side, until brown..
- Remove from the pan, transfer to a baking tray and cook in the over for 20 minutes. Then serve..
If you find this Mushroom and celeriac burgers recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.