Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
We all know that having healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people ignore. Occasionally people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent method to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mushroom stroganoff (using foraged chicken of the woods) recipe. You can cook mushroom stroganoff (using foraged chicken of the woods) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods):
- Get 3-4 of medium/large pieces chicken of the woods mushrooms,.
- Take 1 of onion, sliced,.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika,.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper,.
- You need 1 of good glug of white wine,.
- Take 2 of heaped tsp Dijon mustard,.
- Use 1 of Vegetable stock cube, dissolved into 250ml water,.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice,.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbsp crème friache or fat free quark,.
- Provide 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped, some reserved as garnish,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil for frying.
- Provide of To serve:.
- Provide of White/wild blend rice, steamed (75g dry weight per person).
Steps to make Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods):
- Foraged chicken of the wood mushrooms are used in this recipe, but of course you can substitute with some that are more readily available, for example, closed cap or chestnut. Prep the chicken of the woods by brushing off any exterior dirt/grit first with a dry brush then by slightly wetting it under a tap. Don't run the mushrooms directly beneath the water. Then trim off the woody edges that were touching the tree as they are a bit too tough to eat..
- Heat a large saucepan up over a medium heat and add the oil plus the mushrooms and fry them gently. Season them with salt and pepper, then transfer them to a bowl after frying for 4-5 minutes and set aside until later. Add a little more oil then add in the sliced onions and fry gently until translucent and soft. Add salt, pepper, the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, crushed garlic. Stir through the onions to coat..
- Add in the mustard, a squeeze of lemon juice and the wine. Cook the alcohol in the wine off for a couple of minutes then pour in the vegetable stock. Stir again. Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer gently with a lid on until the liquid reduces by around half..
- Re-add the mushrooms and stir through the sauce. Simmer the mushrooms in the sauce for around 3-4 minutes until they have absorbed flavour from the sauce. Remove from the heat. Add most of the chopped parsley, reserving a few pieces for garnish and then add the crème friache / quark. Stir through until the sauce becomes creamy. Season with more salt and pepper to taste then serve up over the rice and garnish with a few parsley leaves..
If you find this Mushroom Stroganoff (Using Foraged Chicken Of The Woods) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.