Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken/veggie baskets recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken/veggie baskets recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken/veggie baskets recipe. To make chicken/veggie baskets you need 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken/veggie baskets:
- Take 225 g (8 oz) of diced chicken breast.
- Take 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped fresh sage.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- Take 500 of g(17.6 oz) mixed vegetables cut to small pieces, (mushroom, green/yellow/red pepper, celery baby corn, sugar snap peas, onion).
- Use 2-3 tbs of olive oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Take 4 sheets of filo pastry.
- Provide of grated cheese of your choice.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Provide of For the salad:.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa,.
- You need of cherry tomatoes,.
- Take of chopped cucumber,.
- Get of sliced red onion,.
- Provide of baby spinach leaves,.
- Get of olive oil and lemon juice.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Chicken/veggie baskets:
- Start with pre-heating your oven to 180 c (350 F, gas mark 4). Melt 2-3 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, Add the chopped onion and cook and stir until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and stir fry for a further 5 minutes, season then mix in all the vegetables. Stir fry until everything is cooked through. Sprinkle a tsp of flour over it mix again then set aside to cool..
- Unroll your filo pastry and cut into 9 cm (3.5") squares, brush with melted butter and stack 4 of them together at angles to form a basket shape. Gently press them into your greased muffin tin. Fill each filo case with chicken filling sprinkle with grated cheese or crumble feta cheese over them. Bake for 15 minutes.
- For the salad mix all ingredients. No hard rules, you can use as much or as little of the vegetables, season then add olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy..
If you find this Chicken/veggie baskets recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.