Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Easy mushroom orzo with sausages recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy mushroom orzo with sausages recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy mushroom orzo with sausages recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you probably choose many food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy mushroom orzo with sausages recipe. To cook easy mushroom orzo with sausages you need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy mushroom orzo with sausages:
- Use 200 g of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Get 6-8 of veggie sausages.
- Get of freshly chopped oregano.
- Get 250 g of mushrooms (I used baby portobellos).
- Use 3 tsp of porcini paste.
- Provide 2 of large handfuls Parmesan (plus extra to serve).
- Take 1 of lemon.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Use of Seasoning.
- Provide 1 of tbsp.
Steps to make Easy mushroom orzo with sausages:
- Put the sausages in the oven at 180 degrees and cook for 20 minutes. And bring a kettle to the boil..
- Meanwhile finely slice the onion, chop the garlic, slice the mushrooms and chop the oregano. Then heat a tbsp of olive oil In a large pan, add the onion and cook until soft..
- In a separate pot, add the orzo and cover with boiling water. Cook over a medium heat for 9 minutes..
- Coming back to the onions, add the garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft but not soggy. Add the oregano..
- After 9 minutes (no longer as it’ll go soggy), remove the orzo from the heat, drain and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Then stir in the porcini paste, the zest of a lemon and the juice of half a lemon and turn the heat down low..
- Remove the sausages from the oven and chop into pieces. Then add them to the orzo mix. Finally add 2 large handfuls of Parmesan cheese and mix together. I topped mine with purple sprouting broccoli but this is optional. You just have a large green salad..
- Serve with extra olive oil, Parmesan and lemon wedges so people can make it their own..
If you find this Easy mushroom orzo with sausages recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.