Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Veggie or Chicken Pho recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Veggie or Chicken Pho recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie or Chicken Pho recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to veggie or chicken pho recipe. You can cook veggie or chicken pho using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Veggie or Chicken Pho:
- Use 10 of shiitake mushrooms.
- Provide 4 of large white onions, peeled and diced.
- Take 3 inches of ginger, peeled and sliced.
- Take 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 of baby bok choy, halved.
- Get 6 pods of cardamom.
- Prepare 6 of whole star anise.
- Get 2 tsp of coriander seed.
- Prepare 6 of whole cloves.
- Use 1 tsp of fennel seed.
- Use 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Get 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Take 1 of whole roasted chicken (recipe coming soon), shredded, using the bones for the stock. – OPTIONAL.
- Get 1 package of firm tofu, cut into 1 inch thick triangles, seasoned and roasted in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden. – OPTIONAL.
- Provide 4 of carrots, peeled, then using the peeler continue to peel, making thin noodles.
- You need 6 of green onions, sliced lengthwise and very thin.
- Get 1 package of flat rice noodles, boiled.
- Take 14 cups of water.
- Provide 1 of large stock pot.
- Provide of To serve:.
- Provide of Fresh basil, left whole.
- You need of Fresh cilantro, left whole.
- Get of Bean sprouts, washed.
- Take of Lime, cut into wedges.
- Take of Hoisin.
- Get of Sriracha.
Steps to make Veggie or Chicken Pho:
- In a large pan over medium heat with no oil added, char the mushrooms, white onions, ginger, garlic, and chicken bones if you chose the chicken option. Add the olive oil, then lay the bok choy flat side down to get a caramelized, brown edge. About 5-7 minutes..
- Add the water, scraping the bits off the bottom. Then add back in the mushrooms, onion, and ginger. Then add the star anise, coriander seed, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Bring the pot to a low simmer for 2-3 hours. Lower the heat, stir in the soy sauce and cover for 45 minutes to an hour..
- Strain the broth and add the roasted chicken pieces or tofu triangles to heat them through..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cooked rice noodles, carrots, and green onions., then portion them into 8 large soup bowls, topping each with a charred bok choy half..
- Ladle the stock and chicken/tofu over each bowl until it comes up about 3/4 to the edge..
- In 8 separate small dishes, arrange the cilantro, basil, bean sprouts, and lime wedges for your guests to add if they choose. Leave the hoisin and sriracha either divided in 8 more small dishes or just out in their bottles for your guests to enjoy, depending how fancy you want to get with it..
If you find this Veggie or Chicken Pho recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.