Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mushrooms a la grecque recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mushrooms a la grecque recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making some simple changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mushrooms a la grecque recipe. To cook mushrooms a la grecque you only need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mushrooms a la grecque:
- Use 500 gr. of mushrooms.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Take 1 pinch of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of sugar.
- Take 1 of knob butter.
- Take 1 dash of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp. of crushed tomato sauce.
Steps to make Mushrooms a la grecque:
- Put the olive oil, butter and oregano in a pan and heat gently.
- Crush the garlic cloves and add to the pan. Stir until the garlic is golden (take care not to burn).
- Add the tomato sauce and the juice of one lemon. (If you can't get hold of crushed tomato sauce then either make your own by slowly cooking peeled tomatoes in a little olive oil with sugar and store in the fridge for recipes like this, or substitute with tomato puré and add extra sugar).
- When the sauce is bubbling add the washed mushrooms. You can slice or break them, or just add them whole, however you prefer.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Cover and leave cooking over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off and if the sauce is too liquidy (the mushrooms release water while cooking), turn the heat up and stir while it thickens.
If you find this Mushrooms a la grecque recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.