Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys mushroom gravy, gluten, dairy, egg, soy & nut-free recipe. To make vickys mushroom gravy, gluten, dairy, egg, soy & nut-free you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free:
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 450 grams of white mushrooms, sliced.
- Use 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- Provide 70 grams of brown rice flour / 50g plain flour.
- Get 60 ml of canola oil.
- Prepare 300 ml of coconut milk.
- Take 60 ml of red wine (I prefer a cabernet for this but you could use beef stock instead).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper.
- Get 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
Steps to make Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry off until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the stock and fry a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and begin to release their juices. Place this mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in the frying pan with the flour. Mix together well and slowly add the stock, canola oil and coconut milk, whisking constantly to avoid the mixture going lumpy.
- Once everything is incorporated add the red wine and the onion/mushroom mixture. Reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with the salt, pepper & nutmeg. Serve with steak, pasta, vegetables, mashed potato, whatever you like!.
- If you find the gravy too thick add more stock to reach your preferred consistency. For a smooth gravy, puree it in the pan with a stick blender.
If you find this Vickys Mushroom Gravy, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.