Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Lamb moussaka lasagna recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lamb moussaka lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb moussaka lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything instantly or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb moussaka lasagna recipe. To cook lamb moussaka lasagna you only need 26 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb moussaka lasagna:
- Prepare 2 of aubergines, sliced into rings.
- Get of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Olive oil, enough to cover the aubergines.
- Use of Moussaka sauce:.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Provide 250 g of lamb mince.
- Take 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Take 400 g of can chopped tomatoes.
- Get 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (or any sugar of preference).
- Provide of sprinkle paprika, optional.
- You need of For the béchamel sauce (white sauce):.
- Take of See my other Cookpad recipe on how to make the béchamel sauce.
- Prepare of Assembling the moussake:.
- Take 6-9 of lasagne sheets, optional.
- Get 150 g of cheddar cheese, grated (or any cheese of preference).
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Provide Handful of plum tomates, sliced in half.
Steps to make Lamb moussaka lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Place the sliced aubergine in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Place aubergine on a baking tray and transfer into the oven and cook aubergine to desired softness..
- In a wok or large saucepan on medium high, add and heat the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until they become translucent and soft. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Then add the garlic, cook for a minute and constantly stir..
- Now add the mince and fry using a wooden spatula to break up the meat. Cook until a deep golden brown, regularly stirring..
- Once the meat has cooked add the can of chopped tomatoes along with the tomato purée, wine, water. Give the sauce a stir to incorporate the ingredients..
- Add bay leaves, dried oregano and thyme, ground cumin powder, salt and pepper, sugar and paprika (optional). Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce the wine by half stirring occasionally. Taste the sauce and season further if necessary (add salt, pepper, sugar etc)..
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce gently, covered with a lid for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally until the sauce has thickened..
- In the meantime, make the white sauce *see my other recipe on Cookpad for how to make the béchamel sauce. Preheat oven to 200C/180 fan..
- To assemble the moussaka, use a large rectangular ovenproof dish. If not using lasagna sheets, begin by spooning a third of the meat into the dish and spread it out evenly, followed by a few slices aubergine, then spoon a bit more meat followed by the béchamel sauce. Repeat the process layering until all of the meat, aubergines and béchamel sauce has been used up..
- If using lasagne sheets spooning a third of the meat into the dish and spread it out evenly, followed by a few slices aubergine, then spoon a bit more meat followed by the lasagna sheets and then the béchamel sauce. Repeat the layering process with the lasagne sheets until all of the meat, aubergines and béchamel sauce has been used up..
- Finish the final layer with the béchamel sauce, smoothing the top over with a wooden spoon or palette knife. Sprinkle with grated cheese and sliced plum tomatoes (optional)..
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the centre of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake further for another 20 minutes. When 10 minutes left change oven setting to grill and bake to desired golden brown colour and bubbling..
- Remove from the oven, dish a nice slice onto a serving plate and eat immediately while pipping hot..
If you find this Lamb moussaka lasagna recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.