Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Tom Yum Goong recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tom Yum Goong recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tom Yum Goong recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tom yum goong recipe. You can have tom yum goong using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tom Yum Goong:
- Prepare 1.5 l of water.
- You need 4 stalks of lemongrass.
- Provide 1 of in chunk galangal.
- Get 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Take 10 of bird's eye chillies.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1/2 of chicken.
- You need 300 g of oyster mushrooms.
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 2 of white onions (medium sized).
- Get 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 8-12 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Use 8-12 tbsp of lime juice (10 – 15 limes).
- Prepare Handful of cilantro.
Steps to make Tom Yum Goong:
- Boil water. While waiting, squeeze the limes..
- Take your lemongrass and strip away the outermost layer. Lightly pound them using the pestle then diagonal chop them up into 1in strips..
- Take 1 thumb sized piece of galangal and chop them into slices..
- Tear up the kaffir lime leaves to release the flavour. Peel the 5 cloves of garlic..
- Chop off the heads of the chillies, then lightly pound them..
- Once the water is boiling, throw the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and chillies into the pot..
- After about 10 minutes, add in the chicken (original recipe used prawns) to boil and turn the fire to low..
- Then add the oyster mushrooms which you can slice into smaller pieces..
- Take the 2 roma tomatoes and white onions, and chop them into wedges..
- Boil the Tom Yum for 2 – 3 minutes..
- Add about 8 tbsp of fish sauce and 2 tsp of sugar..
- Boil for another minute or two, then turn off the heat. Then add the about 8 tbsp of lime juice..
- Taste test the soup. Feel free to add more lime juice, fish sauce or sugar if necessary..
- Lastly, add in the cilantro. Soup is now ready to be served..
If you find this Tom Yum Goong recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.