Twin Souls: The Path Of Shadows is a dark 3rd person stealth game about an undead warrior with the power to control the shadows. win Souls combines the essence of stealth classics like Tenchu with the modern approach of recent gems like Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored.
You are Aragami, a spirit of vengeance summoned by Yamiko, a mysterious girl imprisoned in a guarded fortress. As you come back to life, your souls are bound together, sealing your destinies. To achieve your goal you must engage in a dark journey through land and memories to destroy her prison seals.
As Aragami, you have the power of ‘Shadow Control’. The darkness is your ally and the source of your strength. You have a diverse array of Shadow Powers at your disposal. As you advance you will need to sneak past guards, teleport between shadows, create your own areas of darkness and strategically assassinate your targets.
Twin Souls reintroduces the concept of ‘3rd person ninja simulator’, a style of gameplay untapped for many years since the original Tenchu series. Compared to newer action games like Assassin’s Creed, Twin Souls wants to dismiss action mechanics in favor of stealth mechanics, the tension of being detected and the feeling of reward you get when finally beating a level without being noticed.
Games like Metal Gear Solid, Thief or Splinter Cell defined a genre recently diluted into action games. In Twin Souls you are outmatched, outnumbered and alone. You have no guns, amazing fencing skills or regenerating health. Your main weapon is your cunning, and darkness.
Lince Works envisions Twin Souls as the lost child between Tenchu and Portal. You must plan ahead, survey your environment, make a tactical use of your shadows (your dark portals), and use them to assassinate your enemies from unsuspecting angles.
How you do it is up to you. Maybe you want to use the shadows to evade confrontation and sneak around unnoticed like a ghost; maybe you want to climb to the roofs and get rid of the enemy archers before falling onto the ground patrols from the heights; or maybe you want to use fear tactics and make your enemies panicked, making them kill each other. The choice is yours.
- Story driven single-player campaign – Besides having some awesome stealth mechanics and powers, we also want to deliver a solid single player campaign, with some memorable, characters and scenarios.
- Old School Stealth – Your enemies are lethal and direct confrontation is not an option. Survey the scenario, plan your approach and sneak around your enemies. Be the hunter, not the hunted.
- Choose Your Play-Style – Each situation has different possible approaches. Will you be the merciless emissary of death? Or maybe an undetectable ghost? Twin Souls won’t force you to kill your enemies, nor will it penalize you for doing it. Both approaches to violence are valid.
- Shadow Powers – You have an array of Shadow Powers at your disposal. Create areas of darkness to get tactical advantage, use your Shadow Leap to move instantly between any two shadows, feed the bodies of your enemies to the shadows and leave no trace, summon a Shadow Clone to distract and confuse your enemies.
- Light Powers – Your foes are not helpless, they can manipulate light to create moving light sources, cast light barriers, shoot incendiary arrows, launch barrages of light from their weapons and imbue their armors with resplendent light.
- Mask of the Assassin – Unlock Assassins’ Masks and wear them on the battlefield. Each Mask will give you a special power or improve your assassin skills. Select the best Mask according to your playstyle.
- Scenario Playgrounds – Each scenario in Twin Souls is designed to enable different routes of approach.
- Replayability – Replay each scenario to improve your performance score. Depending on your play-style you will get different outcomes, which will affect the world of Twin Souls and the story events.
- Original Soundtrack – A complete and astonishing original soundtrack (and SFX) composed by Two Feathers studio.
Twin Souls takes place in a world where humans have acquired the ability to manipulate the Elemental Powers: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Light, Darkness and Life.
Humanity has turned Element manipulation into a discipline, building temples, schools and academies centered around the learning and mastery of each Element; these centers of knowledge are known as Brotherhoods. These are divided in 3 categories: Schools, where high level users gather to teach their secrets; Sects, congregations of followers and zealots of deities related to an Element; and Guilds, where arcane users sell their skills as a service.
The world shown before you is inhabited by warring Brotherhoods, supernatural beings and dangerous Element users. The places you visit bear the mark of forgotten glories and violent battles. You wake up with no memories of your past life, but as you get closer to your objective, you will discover familiar places and personal objects, each one sending echoes through your memories. As your twin souls bind tighter you’ll uncover pieces of your past life and Yamiko’s fate.
Twin Souls: The Path Of Shadows will come to the following platforms:
BACK THIS KICKSTARTER AT:
Stay tuned to G4X for all of your Xbox news.